If you want to heal your skin, you need to improve your gut.
Have you been struggling with acne and skin issues for years, maybe decades and still can’t find an answer? I being an Homeopath I believe everything which is on skin is either related to disturbance in mind and secondly stomach. So in case taking we ask detailed history to see whether they are interrelated.
Association between Gut Disorders & Skin
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a disease that affects the intestinal tract via an inflammatory process. Patients who suffer from IBD often have diseases that affect multiple other organ systems as well. The skin is one of the most commonly affected organ systems in patients who suffer from IBD either Ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease.
Association between Mind & Skin
Dermatologists John H. Stokes and Donald M. Pillsbury first proposed a connection between depression, anxiety and skin conditions such as acne. Emotional states (stress), like anxiety and depression, have the ability to alter gut flora!
Remedies for Clear Skin-
The remedies widely known and popular, Broad Spectrum Probiotic and Prebiotics. The second remedy most commonly uses is Cod liver oil. We know that cod liver oil contains Vitamins for Skin Conditions, as it is rich in A and D, which directly impact the health of the skin.
So how does our gut flora get compromised in the first place? Lots of things can alter the good and bad ratio of bacteria in our system:
- Poor Diet– rich in sugars and carbohydrates, processed/ refined food, caffeine, alcohol, rancid oils and fats.
- Stress– physical, emotional, mental.
- Lack of Sleep- alters cortisol levels, creates stress and weakens the adrenals.
- Medication/ Antibiotics- Even the birth control pill
- Poor Digestion- Without the proper ability to digest our food thoroughly, this will create toxins and contribute to the load of bad bacteria in our system, adding to the cycle.
- Food Sensitivities- Even healthy food can be damaging if one is reacting to it.
Fix that Gut if You Want Naturally Clear Skin!
Bottom line, if you want clear skin naturally, you need to start from the inside, gut first, not with toxic prescriptions like Accutane or chemically laden skincare products for acne prone skin.