Fennel tea is prepared from crushed fennel seeds. These seeds are rich in volatile oil compounds like anethole, fenchone and estragole that are responsible for its antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial/antimicrobial properties.
How to prepare Fennel tea-
Take 1 cup of boiling water in a pan. Add 2 teaspoons of crushed fennel seeds to it and simmer for about 5-7 mins on low flame. Strain into a tea cup and drink for benefits.
- Indigestion- Reduces the acid levels in stomach
- Intestinal Colic – Helps babies and adults in reducing colic incidents
- Boosts immune system- helps prevent the onset of cold symptoms. This wonderful tea helps to reduce fevers, relieve sore throats and treat most upper respiratory tract illnesses, namely asthma, bronchitis, cough and it clears up congestion and excess phlegm.
- Relieves arthritis
- Detoxing-flushes out toxins from body
- Carminative- Get rid of intestinal parasites and worms
- Relief to Pms, menstrual cramps and menopausal symptoms
- Lactation stimulant – Helps stimulating milk production in lactating mothers
- Dental care- Gargling fennel tea can relieve inflamed gums and treat bad breath.
- Anti ageing- Loaded with antioxidant properties, it is useful in fighting signs of aging.
- Improves the overall texture of the skin. It treats acne and makes your skin look youthful.
Side effects of Fennel tea–
Pregnant women-since it has anti spasmodic action better to avoid in 2nd and 3rd trimester.
Please note, if you are allergic to carrots or celery, fennel also belongs to the same botanical family. So, it is likely that fennel tea may cause an allergic reaction.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.