Hair thinning means your scalp showing through. Hair loss is also called thinning of hair on scalp.
- Taking steamy showers- heat which can damage the root and lead to additional shedding
- Using hot styling tools- damages the protein that make up your hair and its protective cuticle. Once the cuticle is damaged, the moisture balance is disrupted and your hair is more prone to breakage
- Mishandling wet hair- Hair strands are very fragile when wet so avoid hair brushing
- Tight hairstyles like ponytails or braiding
- Using styling products- They are high in alcohol
- Not washing hair often- will lead to dandruff and itchy scalp therefore clogging the pores
- Drugs- Chemotherapy drugs, oral contraceptive pills, blood thinners
- Medical conditions- Thyroid, Diabetes, Iron deficiency anaemia, anorexia.
Natural ways to treat Hair Thinning-
- Diet- A diet high in protein helps the body to synthesize keratin, the key structural component of hair, skin, and nails. To combat hair loss and promote new healthy growth, add protein-rich foods such as poultry, eggs, fish such as Mackerel, salmon and oysters. Nuts such as walnuts, almond and pumpkin seeds. Veggies like spinach, broccoli and sweet potato. Fruits such as Guava, Oranges, Strawberry, Kiwi, Papaya
- Flaxseed- Full of fatty-acids and antioxidants, ground flax seeds boiled in water will form a soothing gel that can be applied to scalp and hair to moisturize skin, eliminate dandruff, stimulate new growth, and improve the strength of existing hair.
- Fenugreek seeds- Soak seeds in water overnight then grind into a paste which can be applied directly to the scalp to improve circulation and stimulate hair follicles. Keep it for 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Onion Juice- full of sulfur which stimulates the production of collagen in your skin. Lack of collagen is one of the biggest causes of thinning hair, so apply it on scalp and keep for like 20-30 mins I know it has pungent smell but it’s good treatment.
- Egg whites- One egg white mix with one teaspoon of olive oil creates a great natural scalp treatment that can help to reduce hair-loss by nourishing the scalp, as well as increasing blood flow and oxygen supply to hair follicles.
- Aloe vera- It contains proteolytic enzymes that helps stimulating hair growth from dormant hair follicles & increasing hair volume. Take 2-3tsp of aloe vera gel massage it on scalp and leave for 20 mins then rinse it off.
- Amla- The high amounts of vitamin C in amla will help boost the collagen levels in your scalp, increasing hair growth. Take 2 tsp amla powder and mix with 2 tsp of lime juice and apply on scalp and leave for 20 mins then rinse it off.
- Coconut oil- It contains ingredients that naturally condition your hair and also promote growth. It is rich in essential minerals and fat, iron, and potassium that prevent hair breakage. It also helps maintain scalp health and prevents issues such as dandruff.
- Reduce stress- by going for at least 30 mins walk
- Cool showers
- Ruling out medications which are causing it.
Do try to rule out the cause first and then try using natural ways to treat the same.
For homeopathy consultation call on 7400249924 or can mail on skinrevivedxb@