Pineapple is a tropical superfood with numerous health and beauty benefits.
This sweet fruit is easy to find and the fresher it is, the better. You can easily add pineapples into your daily diet either in yogurt, fruit salads, juice or even apply them topically to reap the benefits of it.
- Acne Treatment- Bromelain, an proteolytic enzyme present in Pineapple softens skin and fight inflammation and swelling. Acne is a skin problem that can alter your self-esteem and it may even leave scars if left untreated. This fruit contains high amounts of anti-inflammatory substances and vitamin C, both of which fight the causes of acne. The vitamin C helps to improve your body’s ability to heal while the anti-inflammatory substances help to prevent new breakouts.
- Dark Spot Treatment– To minimize the dark spots and blemishes, I would recommend to rub the slices of pineapple over these black spots for five minutes and wash with fresh water.
- Collagen Production- Drinking pineapple juice helps the body synthesize collagen, which helps skin stay firm and flexible, while vitamin C and amino acids aid in cell and tissue repair. You can apply fresh pineapple directly to your face to reap the benefits.
- Prevent Cell Damage- Pineapples are full of important antioxidants and these work to prevent cell damage within the body by fighting against free radicals. By preventing radicals, it also makes skin smooth and facilitates the feeling of looking younger. Adding few drops of lemon multiply its benefits and an effective mix for anti-aging care.
- Exfoliation – Pineapples wedges will naturally exfoliate the skin so that your complexion and toBy preventing radicals, it also makes your skin smooth and facilitates the feeling of looking younger. Thus,removes dead skin cells and ensures that your skin is bright and glowing.
- Hydrating & Glowing Skin- Take one egg yolk, three tablespoons of fresh pineapple and a bit of milk and mix these together to create a hydrating face mask. Let it sit on for 15 mins later rinse off by cold water. Skin will look fresh and hydrated.
Note- When you apply it topically, make sure to do a patch test behind your ear or inner side of forearm first just to make sure that you do not have any skin reactions.